As you age, your teeth will continue to darken and become stained, as a result of any combination of the following:
In only one appointment, we can offer cosmetic teeth whitening to remove these blemishes safely and effectively, giving you a whiter, youthful smile again. The procedure, which involves the removing of surface and internal discolorations from your teeth, is simple and non-invasive:
- Your teeth are thoroughly cleaned and polished.
- Peroxide gels are carefully applied to your teeth both during the appointment, and at home, using custom-fitted trays.
- The gel passes through the surface of the tooth and into the inner layers, introducing oxygen that dissipates the discolorations.
- Brown, orange and yellow stains are lightened with the least effort.
- Blue and grey discolorations, as well as tetracycline staining (caused by antibiotics administered to children), are more challenging.
We offer a range of lightening options, and after discussing your expectations and goals with you, Dr. Gaudio can propose the method which is best for your teeth, your schedule and your budget.
It is important to bear in mind:
- Teeth whitening agents will not lighten any restorative materials such as fillings, veneers or crowns: you may need to replace these after the bleaching process is complete.
- There are over-the-counter whitening products available at your local retailer, but only a doctor can provide you with a prescription-grade whitening solution that is reliable, comfortable and sustainable.